This holiday season we are teaming up with Toys for Tots and Santa’s Express to help brighten up the season for families in Calaveras and Amador counties that lost their homes to the Butte Fire. Toys for Tots is a program run by the US Marine Corps Reserve that collects toys during the fall months to distribute to less fortunate children in the communities where the program is conducted. Santa’s Express, a local program, conducted by The Resource Connection, takes those toys, sorts and distributes them.
Please bring your new, unwrapped toys, books and stocking stuffers appropriate for ages 0-16 to the Calaveras Visitors Center at 1192 South Main Street, Angels Camp, and put them in our big Toys for Tots box. We will be accepting donations until December 23rd.
When you drop off your donation, pick up a 2015 Holiday Shopping Guide for lots of great ideas on where to buy gifts in Calaveras. Making your purchases in Calaveras County this holiday shopping season will help our retail businesses recover from the effects of the Butte Fire.
Best Calaveras shopping options for toys and books are:
- Angels Camp: The Calaveras Visitors Center | CVS Pharmacy | Calaveras Lumber | Angels Camp Museum | Rite Aid Pharmacy
- Murphys: Murphys Toy Store | Sustenance Books | Mercer Caverns Visitors Cetner
- Arnold: Calaveras Big Trees State Park | The Outhouse Collection | Ace Hardware
- Vallecito: Moaning Cavern Visitors Center
- Mountain Ranch: California Cavern Visitors Center
Please consider donating to this special program and let us know if you have any questions about the process. You can reach us at 209-736-0049 or firstname.lastname@example.org.