August is shaping up to be a busy month on the entertainment circuit here in Calaveras. We’re packing our coolers and law chairs and trying to decide how to attend all the great concerts and performances around the county. From fun concerts to Shakespeare under the stars, there is plenty to choose from for all tastes. Here’s a quick summary of events to put on the calendar next month.
Shakespeare’s Taming of the Shrew
, July 31-August 22. Brice Station Vineyards, in association with Shakespeare on the Vine, will present William Shakespeare’s The Taming of the Shrew directed by Tara Kayton. Full details at www.bricestation.com
GABA Summer Concert Series
– Saturday Evenings at 6:30pm, the Greater Arnold Business Association presents free concerts at Cedar Center in Arnold, featuring a wide variety of local musical acts. For schedule, visit www.cometoarnold.com/concerts-in-the-park-cedar-center/
Murphys Creek Theater
, August 7- September 6. EQUIVOCATION, a high-stakes political thriller set in 1605 England. Performances Friday and Saturday 7:00pm; Sunday 2:00pm. Visit www.murphyscreektheatre.org for tickets or call 209-728-8422
Bear Valley Music Festival
– July 24- August 7. Come to the High Sierra to enjoy the finest in classical music, along with Broadway tunes, contemporary and country. The festival dates back to 1967 and is know for bringing eclectic global acts to the high country. For full schedule and tickets, visit www.bearvalleymusicfestival.org or call 209-753-2574.
Twisted Folk Concert Series
– August 22, 7:45pm – Twisted Oak Winery welcomes Australian group The Waifs to the hilltop stage in Vallecito. Bring your own low back chairs and blankets, tasty dinner and Twisted Oak wines available for purchase. Advance tickets are only $35 and can be purchased online. Concertgoers will be admitted starting by 6:45pm, the show starts at 7:45pm. Admission is $10 for children under 12. All proceeds from children’s ticket sales will be donated to support music education in Calaveras County. Purchase tickets at www.twistedoak.com/waifs
– August 11, The Band Perry; August 27, Daryl Hall and John Oates. Shows start at 8:00pm; Ironstone Vineyards brings both legendary and newer generation rock acts to their amphitheater in Murphys. Bring a picnic or buy dinner and Ironstone wines at the show. Tickets at www.ironstoneamphitheatre.net
Sounds of Summer Concert Series
– August 8, 22, 29, from 6:00pm – 8:00pm; Copperopolis Town Square continues its free concert series, seating is lawn style so bring your own blankets and low back chairs. See the line-up of artists at www.copperopolistownsquare.com.
That’s not all! Check our Calendar of Events for more fun events during August and every month in Calaveras County.