Let’s get Calaveras the recognition it deserves for culinary excellence!
As locals, we all know that Calaveras County has more than its fair share of outstanding restaurants. Let’s make sure Visit California’s California Dream Eater knows it too so we can be featured in one of their popular shows. Host, Chase Ramsey, will be reviewing Northern California restaurants in March. Now is the time to submit suggestions for a chance to be included in an episode. The deadline for submissions is January 31st. This is a huge opportunity to get coverage that will be viewed by foodies across California and beyond. There’s no limit to the number of dishes you can submit. You don’t have to be a restaurant or a CVB member and there’s no cost to submit. Follow our step by step instructions below.
1. Take a photo of your favorite dish from a Calaveras Restaurant
Follow the photo guidelines below. These are REQUIRED for eligibility (see examples
- Amateur-style photos, could have been taken by Chase (the host) himself
- Un-edited/filtered images
- Original, not previously shared by another social profile
- Capture a sense of place whenever possible
- No people, hands or dining partners in image foreground
- Capture the full plate in frame, avoid super close-up images
- People acceptable in the background/out of focus
- Be sure to get the name of the dish so you can enter it in the submssion form
- Use good lighting. If the restaurant’s dark – take your plate near a window
2. Go to the California Dream Eater photo submission page
- Complete the required fields on the form
- Don’t worry about uploading a “supporting attachment” if it doesn’t seem to pertain
to your submission
- Upload your photo.
- In the hashtag field, include #GoCalaveras
- In the “tourism region” field, select Gold Country or for any restaurant in Arnold,
- Dorrington, or higher up the mountain, select High Sierra
3. If possible (not required) share your photo to your Instagram account
- Use hashtags #DreamEats and #GoCalaveras
- Tag @CaliforniaDreamEater and @GoCalaveras
- Share your post on your social media outlets and encourage your fans to like your photo, comment and share
- If you’re a restaurant, encourage your customers to upload their photos to Instagram using the hastag #DreamEats and #GoCalaveras
4. Email Lisa at the CVB to let us know you’ve made a submission
Download a PDF with these same step-by-step instructions and details on how to submit to the California Dream Eater program.