We’re looking for volunteers to be Calaveras ambassadors at the Calaveras Visitors Center! You could help us create an outstanding experience for visitors to Calaveras by helping them find all the fun activities they might be interested in. If you’re a people person, enjoy helping others and want to share your love of Calaveras with the visiting public, please consider applying for a volunteer visitor services position at the Calaveras Visitors Center in historic downtown Angels Camp.
CVB Volunteer Job Description
Purpose: A Visitors Services volunteer serves as a cultural ambassador for our county helping visitors to have an outstanding Calaveras experience.
Location: The front desk area of the Calaveras Visitors Center located in the historical district of Angels Camp on 1192 South Main Street.
- Greet and answer questions from folks that walk-in.
- Give visitors a Calaveras Experience Guide plus a VIP or Frogplay card.
- Encourage visitors to sign the Guest Book and give their email address for future newsletter mailings.
- Answer incoming phone calls with visitor questions and take messages when necessary.
- Make sales of merchandise on register.
- Review Calendar of Events Bulletin Board and remove outdated events.
- Read monthly CVB newsletters and stay current on upcoming events in our county by reviewing our calendar of events on gocalaveras.com and reading local paper and circulars.
- Stock rack cards, guides and merchandise when needed. Note on “Need to Order” list any items that are down to fewer than 2 units in stock.
- Assist in special projects as needed.
- Help keep the visitor center clean and organized with seasonal flair!
Time Commitment: One day per week on Tuesday, Wednesdays, Thursdays or Fridays for three hours to six hours for a minimum of three months. Fridays are our busiest days.
Qualifications: Must enjoy sharing all the great things to do in Calaveras County, basic knowledge of computers, Google searches, Microsoft Office, pleasant, friendly personality, creative problem solving ability, and dependability.
Support: Training for this position will be provided. Also, the Office manager and Social Media Marketing Representative will be available to help answer questions.
Dress Code: Business Casual
Call or Apply for Volunteer Position
Interested, or know someone else who might be interested? Please call or email our volunteer coordinator, Patricia Gillin-Furr at 209-584-4275 or email@example.com. You can also download a PDF of our Volunteer Job Description, Volunteer Job Application, and our Volunteer Release of Liability. If you can help us find volunteers by displaying our flier at your association, church, school group or other organization, please click on the flier below, to download a PDF that can be printed.