As the official destination marketing organization for Calaveras County, recognized by the State of California’s tourism office, Visit California, we are dedicated to marketing and promoting Calaveras County as an outstanding tourism destination.
In order to fully represent the assets of the county, we don’t limit our marketing to members only. However, there are some significant benefits to membership that are not available to non-members. Know of another business that could benefit from CVB membership? Check out our NEW business referral program.
Your paid membership enables us to list you, at no additional cost in our beautiful, magazine quality guide to the county: The Calaveras Activities Guide. We print and distribute 80,000 annually and as a member, they are available to you to distribute for free from your business.
Strategically distributed in Northern California through Certified Folder Display and locally by Motherlode Marketing, it’s also the primary marketing piece we hand out at consumer shows and to media and travel trade and is the fulfillment piece for online and print advertising. Curious about the effectiveness of printed visitor guides? Check out this 2013 study sponsored by the Western Association of Convention and Visitors Bureaus that surveyed the conversion rate of 11 destination marketing organizations’ printed visitor guides. Their findings show that directly distributed guides resulted in increased destination visitation and also extended length of stay. The average economic impact of visitor guide programs per destination for the year of the study was $22,557,212.
In addition to the physical copy of the Calaveras Activities Guide, a digital copy is available online with hyperlinks to all listed information, including your business.
Member businesses are listed first on our website and include a photo, and multiple listings wherever appropriate at no additional cost. They are also included in our new, interactive map app, where custom itineraries can be made by you or by your customers, featuring your business.
As a paid member, you are eligible to be part of two discount programs designed to drive more business to you. The award-winning VIP program is geared toward visitors and our new Frog Play program is specifically designed for locals for off-peak business. Both of these programs are free to join, we provide any necessary materials and do all of the marketing. You just decide what offers make most sense for your business.
Get access to international media and travel trade through our memberships in the Gold Country Visitors Association and High Sierra Visitors Council. We forward members media leads first and choose from among our members to impress travel trade with first-hand familiarization tours here in Calaveras.
These are just a few of the many benefits of membership with the Calaveras Visitors Bureau. And as a first-time member, you get the special, low introductory membership price of just $150 for your first year. This gives you all the same great value of a regular $250 membership at nearly half the cost. Sign-up today and start getting the benefit of our destination marketing expertise. Full membership details below:
CVB Annual Membership Benefits
$250 Regular Membership / $150 Introductory First Year Membership
- Voting privileges
- 30 word listing in Activities Guide with options to upgrade for more words & more visibility
- Unlimited listings on and links to member business from GoCalaveras.com
- $15 per month basic mobile website through mobimanage (optional)
- VIP Discount Card Participation
- Frog Play Locals Discount Card Participation
- Subscription to monthly Membership Newsletter
- Copy of monthly visitor newsletter
- Unlimited listings on interactive online map
- 10% off merchandise at the Calaveras Visitors Center
- Your brochures distributed at the Calaveras Visitors Center
- Media leads and other inquiries are referred to Members first
- Tour Group and travel writer itineraries highlight Member businesses
- Discounts on CVB sponsored workshops and events
- Calaveras Activities Guides to distribute at your business
- Website and Activities Guide advertising (optional)
- Featured business on the Tourism Matters local TV show
- Blogs and articles about your business featured on our website
- Calaveras Activities Guides distributed through:
- Consumer shows
- Travel trade and media
- Visitor Center walk-ins
- Local racks via Motherlode Marketing
- Leads from print & online marketing
- Individual requests from phone and web
- Local businesses
- Certified Folder Display (increased from 22,000 to 30,000 pieces for 2014-15)
- San Jose Airport
- Oakland Airport – NEW
- Pier 39
- Northern California sports retailers – increased from 3-6 months
- San Jose/Santa Clara corporate offices – increased from 3-6 months
To become a member, download and print out the CVB membership application and submit to the Calaveras Visitors Bureau with full payment. If you have any questions, or would like to further discuss how membership in the CVB can benefit your business, please contact our office at (209) 736-0049.
Our Mission Statement: The Calaveras Visitors Bureau is Calaveras County’s core tourism promotion organization dedicated to creating long term and sustainable economic growth for the region and its members through innovative tourism programs, promotions and partnerships.