In order to fully represent the assets of the county, we don’t limit our marketing to advertisers only. However, our primary fulfillment piece is the Calaveras Experience Guide, which is fully funded by advertising from our industry partners.
Your paid advertising enables us to list you in our beautiful, magazine quality guide to the county: The Calaveras Experience Guide. We print and distribute 80,000 annually and as a partner, they are available to you to distribute free from your business.
Strategically distributed in Northern California through Certified Folder Display and locally by Motherlode Marketing, it’s also the primary marketing piece we hand out at consumer shows and to media and travel trade, and is the fulfillment piece for online and print advertising.
Curious about the effectiveness of printed visitor guides? Visit our page on marketing research to see a 2014 study sponsored by the Western Association of Convention and Visitors Bureaus that surveyed the conversion rate of 11 destination marketing organizations’ printed visitor guides. Their findings show that directly distributed guides resulted in increased destination visitation, extended length of stay, and influenced visitors activities, lodging and dining choices.
In addition to the physical copy of the Calaveras Experience Guide, a digital copy is available online with hyperlinks to all listed information, including your business.
As an advertising partner, you are eligible to be part of two discount programs designed to drive more business to you. The award-winning VIP program is geared toward visitors and our new Frog Play program is specifically designed for locals for off-peak business. Both of these programs are free to join, we provide any necessary materials and do all of the marketing. You just decide what offers make most sense for your business.
Calaveras Experience Guides Distribution
Our print run is 80,000 per year, which we distribute annually through the following outlets:
Approximately half of our entire print run is distributed by Certified Folder Display in Northern California through our professional distribution contract:
- San Jose/Santa Clara Corporate (in employee cafeterias and recreation areas): 61 locations
- Summer Sports – sporting good stores: 99 locations
- California Welcome Center at San Francisco
- San Jose Airport
- Oakland Airport
- San Jose/Santa Clara high-traffic areas (hotels, motels, car rental offices, visitors centers, chambers of commerce, restaurants, campgrounds etc; 200 locations
- Annual contract for two spaces in display racks at over a dozen locations throughout the county including grocery stores, sports retailers and restaurants.
- A supply of boxes of guides is kept on the back deck of the Calaveras Visitors Center for local restaurants, lodging, attractions, real estate and any tourism or economic development partner to distribute through their own business.
Print Marketing Leads Fulfillment
- Our print marketing can include Via Magazine, Sunset Magazine, the California Visitors Guide and other outlets providing reader service cards requesting visitors guides.
Our website visitors can request Calaveras Experience Guides to be mailed to them through an online form and we also receive email requests (1,330 for fiscal year 2018-19). 597 print advertising requests fulfilled for 2017-18.
- Here at the Calaveras Visitors Center, we provide customer service to more than 1,000 visitors per month, and offer Calaveras Experience Guides to each group. In the 2017-18 fiscal year, we distributed 9,264.
- Advertising partners also get to display their brochures in the Calaveras Visitors Center, which is open 7 days a week in historic Angels Camp.
Travel / Trade Show & Industry Meetings
- We annually exhibit at the two largest travel consumer shows in the United States: The Bay Area Travel and Adventure Show and the LA Travel and Adventure Show. We also attend other smaller shows, intermittently and distribute approximately 1,500 guides annually through trade shows and industry meetings.
- Through our membership with San Francisco Travel, our guides are distributed at Pier 39.
Regional Marketing Districts Distribution
- The Calaveras Visitors Bureau is a regional marketing board member of the Gold Country Visitors Association and High Sierra Visitors Council. We meet with these groups multiple times per year to work on collaborative marketing programs. This is also an opportunity to get our guides distributed at visitors centers across the regions.
The entire Calaveras Experience Guide is published online with links to every business listed. It is embedded into our website and resulted in 16,793 reads for the 2017-18 fiscal year.
Download your forms today to sign up for coverage in the next annual Calaveras Experience Guide.
These are just a few of the many benefits of advertising with the Calaveras Visitors Bureau. And as a first-time advertiser, you get the special, low introductory price of just $150 for your first year. This gives you all the same great value of a regular $250 advertising rate at nearly half the cost. Sign-up today and start getting the benefit of our destination marketing expertise.
CVB Annual Advertising Partner Benefits
$250 Advertising Rate / $150 Introductory First Year Advertising Rate
- 30 word listing in Visitor Guide with options to upgrade for more words & more visibility
- Unlimited listings on and links to partner business from GoCalaveras.com – also available to non-advertising partners
- VIP Discount Card Participation
- Subscription to monthly Partnership Newsletter
- Copy of monthly visitor newsletter
- 10% off merchandise at the Calaveras Visitors Center<
- Your brochures distributed at the Calaveras Visitors Center
- Discounts on CVB sponsored workshops and events
- 80,000 Calaveras Experience Guides distributed annually – see details above.
To become an advertiser, download and print out the Experience Guide Forms and submit to the Calaveras Visitors Bureau with full payment. If you have any questions, or would like to further discuss how your partnership with the CVB can benefit your business, please contact our office at 209-736-0049.
CVB Mission Statement
The Calaveras Visitors Bureau is Calaveras County’s core tourism promotion organization dedicated to creating long term and sustainable economic growth for the region and its partners through innovative tourism programs, promotions and partnerships.