As a member of the Calaveras County tourism business community, our funding allows us to provide free-to-you coverage of every relevant tourism asset in Calaveras County. We market through numerous platforms, one of which is the Calaveras Experience Guide available in print and digital formats. The Calaveras Experience Guide, is the only in house marketing material that is primarily funded by paid advertising support from our industry partners. (You can learn more about our other marketing initiatives, non-profit funding and how we use our funding in our annual report here.)
Read on to learn how you can purchase one or more listings and/or advertising spaces in the next Calaveras Experience Guide and become a Calaveras Visitors Bureau Supporting Partner, today.
DId you know that print guides encourage visitors to spend more time and money in destination than they would without it? Enter, the Calaveras Experience Guide. We print and distribute 80,000 Calaveras Experience Guides annually with listings and advertising space available for purchase annually. The published guides are available to all partners (even if you chose not to purchase listings or advertising space) free of charge for distribution through your business.
But these little beauties don’t stop at the Calaveras border. Strategically distributed in Northern California through Certified Folder Display and locally by Motherlode Marketing, it’s also the primary marketing piece we hand out at consumer shows and to media and travel trade, and is available for (hyper-linked) on-line download, as well as by mail order request, making the Calaveras Experience Guide a critical fulfillment piece for the Calaveras Visitors Bureau online and print advertising.
As a supporting partner, you are eligible to be part of our VIP discount program designed to drive more business to you. The award-winning VIP program is geared toward visitors and is free to join. We provide any necessary materials and do all of the marketing. You just decide what offers make most sense for your business.
Calaveras Experience Guides Distribution
Our digital distribution is about 20,000 per year, and our print run is 80,000 per year, which we distribute annually through the following outlets:
Approximately half of our entire print run is distributed by Certified Folder Display in Northern California through our professional distribution contract:
- San Jose/Santa Clara Corporate (in employee cafeterias and recreation areas): 61 locations
- Summer Sports – sporting good stores: 99 locations
- California Welcome Centers
- San Francisco
- Pismo Beach
- Santa Rosa
- San Jose Airport
- Oakland Airport
- Monterey Regional Airport
- Sonoma County Airport
- San Jose/Santa Clara high-traffic areas (hotels, motels, car rental offices, visitors centers, chambers of commerce, restaurants, campgrounds etc) 200 locations
- Sacramento area high-traffic areas (hotels, motels, car rental offices, visitors centers, chambers of commerce, restaurants, campgrounds etc) over 100 locations
- Annual contract for two spaces in display racks at over a dozen locations throughout the county including grocery stores, sports retailers and restaurants.
- A supply of boxes of guides is kept on the back deck of the Calaveras Visitors Center for local restaurants, lodging, attractions, real estate and any tourism or economic development partner to distribute through their own business.
Print Marketing Leads Fulfillment
- Our print marketing can include Via Magazine, Sunset Magazine, the California Visitors Guide and other outlets providing reader service cards requesting visitors guides.
Our website visitors can request Calaveras Experience Guides to be mailed to them through an online form and we also receive email requests (1,330 for fiscal year 2018-19). 597 print advertising requests fulfilled for 2017-18.
- Here at the Calaveras Visitors Center, we provide customer service to more than 1,000 visitors per month, and offer Calaveras Experience Guides to each group. In the 2017-18 fiscal year, we distributed 9,264.
- Supporting partners also get to display their brochures in the Calaveras Visitors Center, which is open 7 days a week in historic Angels Camp.
Travel / Trade Show & Industry Meetings
- We annually exhibit at the two largest travel consumer shows in the United States: The Bay Area Travel and Adventure Show and the LA Travel and Adventure Show. We also attend other smaller shows, intermittently and distribute approximately 1,500 guides annually through trade shows and industry meetings.
- Through our membership with San Francisco Travel, our guides are distributed at Pier 39.
Regional Marketing Districts Distribution
- The Calaveras Visitors Bureau is a regional marketing board member of the Gold Country Visitors Association and High Sierra Visitors Council. We meet with these groups multiple times per year to work on collaborative marketing programs. This is also an opportunity to get our guides distributed at visitors centers across the regions.
The entire Calaveras Experience Guide is published online with links to every business listed. It is embedded into our website and resulted in 16,793 reads for the 2017-18 fiscal year.
Download your forms today to sign up for coverage in the next annual Calaveras Experience Guide.
These are just a few of the many benefits of advertising with the Calaveras Visitors Bureau. And as a first-time advertiser, you get the special, low introductory price of just $150 for your first year. This gives you all the same great value of a regular $250 advertising rate at nearly half the cost. Sign-up today and start getting the benefit of our destination marketing expertise.
CVB Annual Supporting Partner Benefits
$250 Advertising Rate / $150 Introductory First Year Advertising Rate
- 30 word listing in Visitor Guide with options to upgrade for more words & more visibility
- Unlimited listings on and links to qualifying partner business from GoCalaveras.com – also available to regular partners
- VIP Discount Card Participation
- Subscription to monthly Partnership Newsletter
- Copy of monthly visitor newsletter
- 10% off merchandise at the Calaveras Visitors Center<
- Your brochures distributed at the Calaveras Visitors Center
- Discounts on CVB sponsored workshops and events
- 80,000 Calaveras Experience Guides distributed annually – see details above.
To become an advertiser, download and print out the Experience Guide Forms and submit to the Calaveras Visitors Bureau with full payment. If you have any questions, or would like to further discuss how your partnership with the CVB can benefit your business, please contact our office at 209-736-0049.
CVB Mission Statement
The Calaveras Visitors Bureau is Calaveras County’s core tourism promotion organization dedicated to creating long term and sustainable economic growth for the region and its partners through innovative tourism programs, promotions and partnerships.