Looking to start a new holiday tradition? Why not celebrate in style, while leaving the kitchen clean-up to someone else this year? Add a little laid back holiday hygge to your tradition with some of our top Calaveras holiday eats. Read on for three places in the Calaveras corridor offering great Calaveras holiday eats in a festive atmosphere on Christmas eve or Christmas day. Call ahead to make your reservations today.
1. Calaveras Holiday Eats: Camps Restaurant
Set in historic Angels Camp’s idyllic Greenhorn Creek Resort (just a stone’s throw from Worldmark by Wyndham), enjoy the classic Calaveras holiday hygge atmosphere offered by this warm and inviting upscale venue.
- Christmas Eve Dinner at Camps Restaurant: Looking for a fun place to celebrate Christmas eve in style? Camps Restaurant’s three course Christmas Eve dinner is not to be missed. With four main course options to choose from, you can view Camps’ Christmas Eve Dinner menu and prices here or make reservations today. Serving from 2pm to 7pm.
- Christmas Day Buffet at Camps Restaurant: Offering a festive lunch and dinner buffet for large groups from 2pm to 7pm this December 25th, 2017. Call 209-736-8181 for details or to make a reservation.
2. Calaveras Holiday Eats: Hotel Léger Restaurant
Enjoy the uncommon charm of the spectacular Gold Rush era historic Hotel Léger’s restaurant and saloon with this fixed-menu family-style Italian dinner being offered from 4pm to 7pm on Christmas Eve. At $55 per person, reservations are recommended. Call 1-209-286-1401 for details, or to make a reservation today. Rumored to be haunted–this Christmas Eve destination may be more “spirited” than most.
3. Calaveras Holiday Eats: Murphys Historic Hotel
Under the guidance of world renowned celebrity Chef Gordon Ramsay, Murphys Historic Hotel shines year round. Historically hosting the likes of Mark Twain and Ulysses S. Grant, this historic hotel now wows modern visitors with historic charm and modern luxury. Serving holiday favorites from 4pm to 8pm Christmas Eve (as well as Christmas Day), enjoy a modern take on Murphys’ Historic Hotel’s historic holiday hygge atmosphere by making a reservation today. Call 1-209-728-3444 for details.
4. Calaveras Corridor Holiday Eats: Bear Valley
Open just in time for Christmas, Bear Valley is pulling out all of the stops for winter wonderland magic, this Christmas Eve.
- Christmas Eve Dinner: The Bear Valley Lodge culinary team has prepared a special menu for you and your family for a very special Christmas dinner in the midst of a winter wonderland. Serving Christmas Eve dinner in the Bear Valley Lodge Creekside Restaurant from 2pm to 8pm by reservation only, call (209) 753-2327 for additional information or to make a reservation today .
- Santa’s Last Stop: Depending on your reservation time, before or after dinner on Christmas Eve, head over to the Cathedral Lodge between 6:30 and 7:30 pm to say hello to Santa as he makes one last stop before he heads out for his journey to bring presents and joy to families all around the world. Santa will have treats for the kids, and just enough time to hear all of your Christmas wishes and even take a photo or two. Santa will be stopping by the Bear Valley Cathedral Lodge from 6:30pm to 7:30pm before he heads out for one busy night!
5. Bonus: Calaveras Holiday Eats
With many Calaveras restaurants offering regular business hours up to December 24th, explore our holiday hygge and Calaveras foodie culture in one fell swoop by checking out restaurants throughout the Calaveras corridor. Click the area of your interest below. Planning on visiting during the holidays? Call ahead to confirm holiday hours of operation.
Whether trying to find the last special something for one of your loved ones with our handy holiday shopping guide, or searching for a new take on some family classics, we’ve got you covered.
Angels Camp Restaurants
Arnold Area Restaurants
Bear Valley and Upper Highway 4 Restaurants
Mokelumne Hill Restaurants
San Andreas Area Restaurants
Valley Springs Restaurants
Looking for lodging while visiting the area? See what’s available, compare prices, and book your lodging here:
(Featured image above courtesy of Instagrammer @sophiebuh79.)
From all of us here in Calaveras County, happy eating–and even happier holidays!