In order to fully represent the assets of the county, we don’t limit our marketing to advertisers only. However, our primary fulfillment piece is the Calaveras Experience Guide, which is fully funded by advertising.
Your paid advertising enables us to list you in our beautiful, magazine quality guide to the county: The Calaveras Activities Guide. We print and distribute 80,000 annually and as a member, they are available to you to distribute free from your business.
Strategically distributed in Northern California through Certified Folder Display and locally by Motherlode Marketing, it’s also the primary marketing piece we hand out at consumer shows and to media and travel trade, and is the fulfillment piece for online and print advertising.
Curious about the effectiveness of printed visitor guides? Visit our page on marketing research to see a 2014 study sponsored by the Western Association of Convention and Visitors Bureaus that surveyed the conversion rate of 11 destination marketing organizations’ printed visitor guides. Their findings show that directly distributed guides resulted in increased destination visitation, extended length of stay, and influenced visitors activities, lodging and dining choices.
In addition to the physical copy of the Calaveras Experience Guide, a digital copy is available online with hyperlinks to all listed information, including your business.
As an advertising member, you are eligible to be part of two discount programs designed to drive more business to you. The award-winning VIP program is geared toward visitors and our new Frog Play program is specifically designed for locals for off-peak business. Both of these programs are free to join, we provide any necessary materials and do all of the marketing. You just decide what offers make most sense for your business.
Advertising partners also get to display their brochures in the Calaveras Visitors Center, which is open 7 days a week in historic Angels Camp.
These are just a few of the many benefits of advertising with the Calaveras Visitors Bureau. And as a first-time advertiser, you get the special, low introductory price of just $150 for your first year. This gives you all the same great value of a regular $250 advertising rate at nearly half the cost. Sign-up today and start getting the benefit of our destination marketing expertise.
CVB Annual Advertising Partner Benefits
$250 Advertising Rate / $150 Introductory First Year Advertising Rate
- 30 word listing in Visitor Guide with options to upgrade for more words & more visibility
- Unlimited listings on and links to member business from GoCalaveras.com
- VIP Discount Card Participation
- Frog Play Locals Discount Card Participation
- Subscription to monthly Membership Newsletter
- Copy of monthly visitor newsletter
- 10% off merchandise at the Calaveras Visitors Center
- Your brochures distributed at the Calaveras Visitors Center
- Discounts on CVB sponsored workshops and events
- 80,000 Calaveras Experience Guides distributed through:
- Consumer shows
- Travel trade and media
- Visitor Center walk-ins
- Local racks via Motherlode Marketing
- Leads from print & online marketing
- Individual requests from phone and web
- Local businesses
- Certified Folder Display contract for distribution at:
- San Jose Airport
- Oakland Airport – NEW
- Pier 39
- Northern California sports retailers – increased from 3-6 months
- San Jose/Santa Clara corporate offices – increased from 3-6 months
To become an advertiser, download and print out the Experience Guide Forms and submit to the Calaveras Visitors Bureau with full payment. If you have any questions, or would like to further discuss how your partnership with the CVB can benefit your business, please contact our office at (209) 736-0049.
Our Mission Statement:
The Calaveras Visitors Bureau is Calaveras County’s core tourism promotion organization dedicated to creating long term and sustainable economic growth for the region and its members through innovative tourism programs, promotions and partnerships.