Kaedence Eaton started two weeks ago and has jumped straight into our social media outlets, taking over our Facebook posts, reaching out to our Twitter followers, researching best practices for Instagram and making Pinterest posts more engaging.
Kaedence made a great impression on us before we even met her. In applying for the position, she created a resume specifically geared to her experience in the areas that we were interviewing for. Her resume was clean and well designed and included no typos.
When she came in for her interview, Kaedence had already done research online about the CVB, and had some immediate suggestions on how we could expand our social media engagement. We spent the second half of her interview brainstorming online marketing ideas.
Having worked for Outer Aisle Foods and Gold Country Roasters, and performed in two Murphys Creek Theatre productions, Kaedence arrived with great local knowledge and a feel for the dynamics of the local business community, not to mention terrific references.We asked Kaedence for some interesting random facts about herself:
- She worked at a wildlife refuge in Arizona on the lower Colorado River, doing population surveys on Southwestern Willow Flycatchers and vegetation studies.
- She was the first poet laureate of a community college in the United States.
- She says she arrived in Calaveras a “serious coffee snob” before she even started working for Gold Country Roasters (where she brought bird friendly coffee into the business).
- She worked as a resource librarian for several years.
- Her partner, William, was formerly known as the “Bakery Guy” from Aria Bakery. He’s also been her co-star in the plays she’s performed in at Murphys Creek Theater.
- What Kaedence loves about Calaveras: the wilderness access, awesome independent businesses & vibrant friendly community – which she says makes her feel more at home than any place she’s ever lived.
We are thrilled to have Kaedence’s energy and enthusiasm focused on social media marketing for the county, to benefit our local economy, residents and businesses. Please welcome her into our CVB community. Come on by the Visitors Center any Tuesday through Friday to say “hi” and meanwhile, enjoy this month’s installment, Calaveras Gets Social!