If shopping is your thing, you’re in luck. Calaveras County is home to more independently owned small businesses and boutiques than you can shake a stick at. Read on to explore shopping near Saddle Creek Golf Resort—all within an hours drive or less.
1. Shopping near Saddle Creek Golf Resort: Copperopolis
- Distance from Saddle Creek: 10 minutes.
- Copperopolis Town Square shopping near Saddle Creek: Aly’s Attic I Copper Cellars I Copperopolis Olive Oil Company I Epic Worlds and Games I Tipsy Frog Wine Bar I Town Hall Arts Gallerie Copper
Featuring a dozen independently owned and operated small businesses including boutiques, restaurants, an art gallery, olive oil and wine tasting, Copperopolis Town Square offers more than meets the eye. Built like a mirage rising up out of the desert, Copperopolis Town Square is a great place to shop on foot or by car, with nice shaded walkways and delicious treats like hand-crafted Yummy Ha! Ha! Ice Creams to round out the day. Visiting during the summer? Swing by on a Sunday to check out one of Copperopolis Town Square’s well loved farmers markets or family friendly events. Looking for more to do? Explore Copperopolis restaurants and Copperopolis outdoor activities here.
2. Shopping near Saddle Creek Golf Resort: Angels Camp
- Distance from Saddle Creek: 17 miles
- Angels Camp shopping near Saddle Creek: Aeolian Harp I Angels Camp Museum Gift Shop I Calaveras Lumber I Calaveras Visitors Center and Gift Shop I Firefall Jewelers I Glory Hole Sports I Grandmother’s Antiques & Lamps I Manzanita Arts Emporium I Middleton’s Appliance I Middleton’s Gold Crown Hallmark I Mountain Motivation Gifts and Apparel I Mountain Pedlar Bicycles I Neliie Lou’s Antiques I Prestidge Gallery I Spence Ranch Feed and Supply I Stories in Stones I The Clothes Mine I Turners Wild West
17 miles from Saddle Creek Golf Resort is the historic gold rush era town of Angels Camp, CA, conveniently located along Historic Highway 49. If you love strolling through historic gold rush era architecture while exploring independently owned shops, make sure to explore historic downtown Angels Camp on your next shopping adventure. From wine tasting at Greenhorn Creek or Vino Metate in historic downtown, there are plenty of options for grabbing a sip or a nibble along the way. Explore Angels Camp shopping and Angels Camp restaurants here. Traveling with little ones? Find kid-frendly Angels Camp restaurants here.
3. Shopping near Saddle Creek Golf Resort: Murphys, CA
- Distance from Saddle Creek: 30 minutes
- Murphys shopping near Saddle Creek: ...And Then Some I Ambiance I Art on Main I Best Friends Consignment Shop I Country Flower Hutch I Creative Cookware I D.E.A. Bathroom Machineries I Independent Mercantile I Infuse Health and Wellness Boutique I Jane & Jean Boutique I KCK Collectibles I Kristine’s Clothing I Loco Oso Original Artwork I Maisieblue I Marisolio Tasting Bar I Moon Alley Candles I Murphys Repeat Boutique I Murphys Dog Store I Murphys Motorcycle Company I Murphys Music Company I Murphys Nursery Garden and Design Store I Murphys Trading Post & Boutique I Murphys Village Toy Store I My Little Apple I ND&X I Nelson’s Candy Kitchen I Next! Upscale Resale I Potted Plum I Quyle Kilns I Shirt Tales I Sierra Hills Natural Foods I Sierra Nevada Adventure Company I Sustenance Books I The Spice Tin I Timbercraft Designs I Upon the Forest Floor
Did you know Saddle Creek Golf Resort is just 30 minutes from Murphys, CA? Voted one of the top ten coolest small towns in America, this quaint historic Gold Rush era town is known for it’s charming gold rush architecture, walkable (dog and family-friendly) downtown, and for having not only great independent eateries, fine dining, and dozens of award winning wine tasting rooms, but also great options for craft beer, and nearly 40 independently owned and operated shops and boutiques all within walking distance. The best thing of all? There’s not a single chain store in sight! Explore Murphys shopping, Murphys restaurants, and/or Murphys attractions here.
Bonus Locals Tip: In addition to their award winning wine, did you know Murphys tasting rooms offer a treasure trove of additional shopping options (beyond those listed above)? Whether you’re looking for hats, artisan cheese, or bespoke jewelry, our twenty-plus collaborative wine makers have made sure each tasting room offers something unique in addition to their celebrated wines. Explore Murphys’ tasting room shopping here.
4. Shopping near Saddle Creek Golf Resort: San Andreas
- Distance from Saddle Creek: 30 minutes
- San Andreas shopping near Saddle Creek: Brownell Ceramics I
- Calaveras County Museum Gift Shop I California Cavern Gift Shop I Habitat for Humanity ReStore I Kelly’s Drug Store I San Andreas Trading Post I The Barn Antique Mall I The Gallery Store I Zimmerman’s Hilltop Market
If antiques, art or history is your scene, just 30 minutes from Saddle Creek Golf Resort San Andreas offers a small handful of funky antique shops, as well as the largest museum and library in the county complete with old county courthouse and jail–not to mention, the Calaveras County Arts Council gift shop (located in the historic downtown district). Explore San Andreas shopping and places to grab a bite in San Andreas here. Visiting mid-week? Make sure to checkout the cute-as-a-button hidden gem known as Pickle Patch Deli and Garden—open Monday through Friday from 6:30am to 2:00pm.
5. Shopping near Saddle Creek Golf Resort: Valley Springs
- Distance from Saddle Creek: 40 minutes
- Valley Springs shopping near Saddle Creek: Artworks Studio I Firefall Jewelers I Health Habit and Fro’Yo Shop I Hoof n Boots Saddlery I Mangini Ranch Olive Oil Company I Oak Savanna Clothing & Supply I Olive Crush Farms I Rising Sun Nursery I TAG Your Home
Calling all rockhounds, adventurous antique hunters and shabby chic enthusiasts—known as the tri-lakes area, 40 minutes from Saddle Creek Golf Resort, Valley Springs is at the crossroads of hundreds of acres of water and trail in the form of Lake Pardee, Lake Camanche, New Hogan Lake, and the Mokelumne Coast to Crest Trail. Take a break from the shops with a tasty treat from local favorite Villa Bakery along the way. Explore Valley Springs shopping, restaurants, and/or outdoor attractions here. Visiting during the Spring? We recommend taking the back way to Valley Springs in order to catch the gorgeous scenic wildflower drive to be had along Jenny Lind and Milton Road. Get driving directions here.
6. Shopping near Saddle Creek Golf Resort: Mokelumne Hill
- Distance from Saddle Creek: 30 miles
- Mokelumne Hill shopping near Saddle Creek: Dixie’s Feather Your Nest I McHale’s Revival Shop I Moke Hill Nuts and Gifts I Petroglyph Gallery I Senders Market
If you’re into experiencing cute, tiny, hidden treasures without having to go to far off the beaten path, you won’t want to miss Mokelumne Hill, CA 30 miles North of Saddle Creek Golf resort on historic Hwy 49. Known as the artist colony of Calaveras County, Mokelumne Hill’s cute as a button tiny-historic downtown is chock full of color and fun. With only a handful of shops (from art galleries to locally made nuts, and upcycled goods to a grand haunted hotel, award winning winery, and poolside parties), this town is for people who like their travels to stand out from the crowd. With most shops open primarily on the weekends, midweek Mokelumne Hill disguises itself as a quaint and colorful hidden historic downtown, but on the weekends it transforms overnight into a bustling and lively scene for art, food, wine, beer, and live music packed within a tiny and charming footprint. Explore Mokelumne Hill shopping, restaurants, and/or attractions here.
7. Shopping near Saddle Creek Golf Resort: Arnold, CA
- Distance from Saddle Creek: 50 minutes
- Arnold shopping near Saddle Creek: Arnold Ace Home Center I Big Heart Fiber Arts I Calaveras Big Trees Gift Shop and Museum I Ebbetts Pass Sporting Goods I Fine Things I Poulson Studio I Purchase the Past I Sierra Nevada Adventure Company I Somewhere in Time I The Rusty Knife I The Trout Spot I Timeless Home Gallery
With more than a dozen independent shops and artisan boutiques in the forested Arnold, CA you’ll feel like you’re a world away from California just 50 minutes East of Saddle Creek Golf resort. The original discovery site of giant sequoias, Arnold features dozens of miles of scenic cozy cabin lined neighborhoods, scenic drives and gorgeous 4 season trails, shopping in Arnold is perfect for the cozy at heart. On your way up, make sure to wind your way through Calaveras Big Trees State Park‘s gift store and museum—free with admission to the park. It’s not everyday you get to shop among giant sequoias! Explore Arnold shopping, Arnold restaurants, and Arnold attractions here.
Looking for something in particular? Take advantage of the Calaveras Visitors Bureau expert free information service. We’re at your service 7 days a week via email at [email protected] or by phone at 1-800-225-3764.