At Bear Valley Summer Day Camp their mission is to provide opportunities for children to learn and grow in the High Sierra mountain playground. They utilize a values-based curriculum with outdoor activities and educational experiences to nurture a lifetime of healthy choices and self-confidence, while respecting and protecting the great outdoors. Camps are organized by week, with a different theme each week, so kids who want to attend multiple weeks get new experiences.
Besides recreational activities, campers enjoy social-emotional learning, and team building in eight weeks of camp for three different age groups:
- Cub Camp (ages 4-6),
- Grizzly Camp (ages 7-11)
- Kodiak Camp (ages 12 and up)
Bear Valley Summer Day Camp Activities
- One day at Bear Lake swimming, kayaking, and stand up paddleboarding.
- Tamarack Lodge one weekday for cooking, science experiments, geocaching, arts and crafts, and other activities specific to the weekly theme.
- A unique hike off-site from Bear Valley, like Lake Alpine, Spicer Meadow, Utica Reservoir, or Calaveras Big Trees.
- One day per week, Grizzlies and Kodiaks rock climb with Mountain Adventure Seminars,
- Cubs climb every other week and get a special climbing event just for them midsummer!
- Sprinkled throughout the week campers participate in a range of outdoor activities from disc golf, archery, soccer, basketball, tennis, scavenger hunts, and bike days.