Murphys Irish Day is right around the corner, here’s everything you need to know to get ready for this laugh out loud playful annual event that is great for singles and families alike.
- When: Annually (rain or shine) 3rd Saturday in March
- Where: Murphys, CA Main Street in historic downtown
- 2019 Date/Time: Saturday, March 16th 2019; 10:00 am to 5:00 pm
Here’s what keeps bringing folks back every year…
- It’s free. Unless you want to spend your pennies on green beer and Irish fare, that is.
- Singing and dancing to live Irish music in the middle of Main Street is not only encouraged, but expected.
- You WILL meet leprechauns of all sizes.
- Where else can you drink green wine? (It will be flowing until it runs out at Irish Vineyards.)
- Murphys elevation (and abundant luck of the Irish), usually means light jacket weather in March. However, rain, snow or shine the drive will be beautiful and the party WILL be wild.
- You can win a trip for two to Ireland. Really. Tickets will be available at local businesses (including at the Calaveras Visitors Center in Angels Camp) so ask around.
As one regular attendee reported, Murphys Irish Day is “the best because, you can be ‘flat-out’ silly and no one thinks you’re making a fool of yourself.” Cheers to that.
While you’re visiting, don’t miss out on the chance to turn your day trip into a weekend adventure. Explore all there is to do by town or use one of our March Guides below,:
- ?Craft Beer Lovers Guide to Calaveras County: You know we love our award winning wine, but did you know we have a booming craft beer scene in Calaveras County as well? Get in on the know with this St. Patrick’s Day friendly free-guide to finding craft beer on tap throughout Calaveras County. ?
- ❄️?Your Guide to Calaveras County Snow Play East of Murphys, CA: Don’t miss out on all the epic snow we’re getting within 20 minutes of Murphys. This guide provides resources for every mode of snow play possible in Calaveras County, including tips for the snowhounds and snow virgins among us. ?❄️
If you’re planning to come to the area for St. Paddy’s Day weekend, don’t forget to book lodging ASAP. Rooms fill up fast for this one. Compare lodging options through our booking engine below.
Why do you love Murphys Irish Day? We’d love to hear YOUR favorite tips and experiences in the comments below.