Mark your calendars for Saturday, March 17
Murphys Irish Day is right around the corner, and this year the festivities actually fall on St. Paddy’s Day, so you know it’s going to be a good time.
Here’s what keeps bringing folks back every year…
- It can be a beautiful 60-degree day or snowing, but the party always goes on.
- It’s free. Unless you want to spend your pennies on green beer and Irish fare, that is.
- Singing and dancing to live Irish music in the middle of Main Street is not only encouraged, but expected.
- Where else can you drink green wine? (It will be flowing until it runs out at Irish Vineyards.)
- You can win a trip for two to Ireland. Really. Tickets will be available at local businesses so ask around.
And our friend Judy on Facebook says Murphys Irish Day is the best because, “You can be ‘flat-out’ silly and no one thinks you’re making a fool of yourself.” Cheers to that.
If you’re planning to come to the area for St. Paddy’s Day weekend, don’t forget to book lodging in advance. Rooms fill up fast for this one.
Why do you love Murphys Irish Day? Tell us below.