Ride behind a historic steam or diesel locomotive on a train trip through California’s scenic Gold Country. Your 6-mile, 45-minute round trip train ride will take you past the water tower from Petticoat Junction, and transport you from the backyards of Jamestown to the rugged hillsides of California’s Mother Lode country. At the end of the line (Rock Spur), your train will pause as the locomotive uncouples, runs around your car on a side track, then re-couples to the train’s opposite end for the return trip to Railtown.
- Train Ride Days: Saturdays & Sundays, April-October (weather permitting)
- Departure Times: 10:30 a.m., 12:00 p.m., 1:30 p.m. and 3:00 p.m.
- Prices: Adults $15, Youth (ages 6-17) $10, Children (5 and under) FreeMembers ride free
- All prices include park admission
- Departure Location: Depot platform at Railtown 1897 State Historic Park
- Tickets: During the operating season, weekends April-October, tickets for excursion train rides are available to purchase online during the week or on a first-come, first-served basis at the ticket office on the day of the train ride.
Click Here for Tickets
- Adults – $5 adults
- Youths – $3 youths (ages 6-17)
- Children – Free (ages 5 and under)
If you purchase train tickets, park admission is include in the train ticket price.
Free parking is available onsite in a small lot located immediately adjacent to the Railtown Depot, and a larger lot located just to the west and across the tracks from the Depot.