From epic vineyard amphitheaters with household names (such as past performers Toby Keith, Willie Nelson, and Counting Crows), to multiple Grammy award winning folk artists, poolside blues and intimate parkside venues featuring indie artists galore–there are enough concert venues in Calaveras to explore for days. Read on to find the Calaveras summer concert venue that is just right for you.
(The featured image above is courtesy of Instagrammer @____aldrich____ at Ironstone Amphitheater.)
1. Calaveras Concert Season – Backyard Blues and BBQ
- When: Sundays BBQ Noon to 4:00 pm & Blues 1:00 pm to 4:00 pm through Labor Day Weekend
- Where: Hotel Leger in Mokelumne Hill. I Explore Mokelumne Hill here.
- More Information: Learn more about the Backyard Blues and BBQ here.
Click play to get a sneak peek at the Backyard Blues and BBQ series thanks to Instagrammer @moke_hill_fig.
Blues? Check. Finger-licking good barbecue? Check. Enviably hidden venue? Check. Folks, if you like to be the first among your friends to find the next “It” thing, Hotel Leger’s Backyard Blues and BBQ just might be your chance. Imagine a rockin’ backyard BBQ-fueled pool party featuring live blues music with food and drinks flowing like magic from a beautiful haunted historic hotel. That’s right, haunted. We said it. But not just any haunted historic hotel, a haunted hotel featured in numerous ghost hunting shows that is nestled within a town that feels like it might just disappear into the fog of morning. We’re talking about Historic Hotel Leger in Mokelumne Hill–a lively, cute-as-a-button gold rush era town that comes fully to life Thursdays through Sundays. So get there quick, before this magic venue fades into the fog of the dawn.
See who’s playing during the week of your visit by checking out our on-line calendar of events here.
2. Calaveras Concert Season – Bear Valley Music Festival
- When: Annually mid-July through early-August
- Where: Bear Valley, CA I Explore Bear Valley here.
- More Information: Visit the Bear Valley Music Festival here.
Get a sneak peek of the Bear Valley Musical Festival by watching the video above.
Looking for high culture amidst the peaks of the Sierra Nevadas? Look no further than Bear Valley Music Festival. Celebrating their 51st anniversary in 2019, the Bear Valley Music Festival began in 1968. The styles of music to be found here have diversified from classical to include Broadway show tunes, contemporary, country and opera; however, the core of the event remains rooted in classical. From mid-July through early August, this epic alpine festival brings national and international performers to delight audiences at 7,000 feet in the Sierras. To see what 2020 has on offer, look back at 2019’s lineup as well as previous years video coverage below. (See who’s playing during the week of your visit on our on-line calendar of events or view the full line up and buy Bear Valley Music Festival tickets here.)
3. Calaveras Concert Season – Brice Station Hilltop Concert Series
- When: Saturdays June through mid-September annually
- Where: Brice Station Vineyards in Murphys, CA I Explore Murphys and nearby Arnold here.
- More Information: Visit the Brice Station Hilltop Concert Series here.
Calaveras is full of magical places, and Brice Station certainly is one of them. Brice Station Vineyards features the perfect blend of laid back, snob-free culture with award winning art and entertainment. Featuring not only our very own world class outdoor Shakespeare on the Vine performances, but also their annual Hilltop Concert Series. The annual Brice Station Hilltop Concert Series brings a summer full of deliciously eclectic live music in a venue overflowing with rustically earthy ambience. You can’t help but feel instantly at home while enjoying a glass of handcrafted wine, locally sourced food, and spirited music in this relaxing and beautiful environment. Nestled among towering trees on the open lawn; here is your chance to kick off your shoes, unplug, and enjoy live music kissed by a gorgeous sunset view. Find the full Brice Station Hill Top Concert Series 2019 schedule here.
4. Calaveras Concert Season – Bistro Espresso Summer Concert Series
- When: Saturdays 6:00 pm to 9:00 pm June through Labor Day Weekend I Follow Bistro Espresso on Facebook for 2020 updates here.
- Where: Cedar Center in Arnold, CA (behind Arnold Bistro Espresso) I Explore Arnold and Upper Hwy 4 here.
- More Information: Visit the Arnold Bistro Espresso FB page here.
Have you heard the word? Arnold’s Bistro Espresso is taking over the Arnold Cedar Center music scene. With food and beverages available for sale through Bistro Espresso, admission is free for all ages. If you are a long time fan of this great series or have never visited before, you will enjoy the fresh life breathed in to this beloved classic Calaveras annual concert series. Enjoy a nice shaded outdoor venue, at an elevation that makes this annual concert season one of the coolest in the county.
5. Calaveras Concert Season – Ironstone Amphitheatre Summer Concerts
- When: June through September. View Ironstone Amphitheatre Summer Concert schedule here.
- Where: Ironstone Amphitheatre in Murphys, CA I Explore Murphys and nearby Angels Camp here.
- More Information: Visit Ironstone Amphitheatre on-line.
Who says size doesn’t matter? If you’re looking to go BIG, you won’t want to miss your favorite household name artists playing at the expansive Ironstone Vineyards epically sweeping Ironstone Amphitheatre. Whether laughing with old friends or dancing with new ones–Ironstone Amphitheatre knows how to put on a show you’ll long remember. The 2019 line-up features household names such as Billy Idol, Toby Keith, Ziggy Marly, the B-52s and more in the most epic venue Calaveras County has to offer. Recent performers have included Willie Nelson, Counting Crows, Joan Jett, The Family Stone, ZZ Top, and more. Pack some blankets and hit the vendor booths for good eats, great beer and gold-winning Ironstone Vineyards wine at this family owned and operated vineyard in the quaint and charming town of Murphys, California. View Ironstone Amphitheatre’s 2019 Schedule here or jump right to the Ironstone Ticketmaster page here.
6. Calaveras Concert Season – Totally Twisted Fridays
- When: Fridays 5pm to 8pm-ish; June through November
- Where: Twisted Oak Tasting Room, Murphys, CA I Explore Murphys, CA and nearby Vallecito, CA here.
- More Information: View details by date on the Twisted Oak calendar of events.
Taking a sabbatical from their Twisted Folk Summer Concert Series, Twisted Oak Winery is keeping the party going at the Twisted Oak Tasting Room every Friday in historic downtown Murphys. Do you have a twisted sense of humor? You won’t want to miss this playful tasting room and gorgeous music-filled event located in their Enchanted Garden when weather permits, and indoors in their playful tasting room as needed. With their vineyards located nearby in Vallecito, CA, Twisted Oak Vineyard doesn’t do “normal.” What do we mean by that? Well let’s just say Twisted Oak’s Vallecito vineyard and Murphys tasting room is one playful scene that is not messing around. Have a little time to spare? Swing by their vineyards before Fridays festivities to see where the magic happens and take a tour through the Rubber Chicken National Forest before you make your way to the the Murphys Tasting Room. Plus, there will be no need to pack a picnic; since live music, food, and award winning Twisted Oak wine will be available for sale during each Friday event. View the 2019 Totally Twisted Fridays here.
7. Calaveras Concert Season – Music in the Parks
- When: Wednesdays and Fridays June through August
- Where: Locations vary each day. View the full schedule below.
- More Information: Visit the Calaveras Arts Council website.
Sponsored and organized by the Calaveras Arts Council (CAC), the annual Music in the Parks series is just one of the many amazing events the CAC puts on throughout the county each year, such as their annual Calaveras Artist Studio Tour. Each Wednesday at 6:30pm from June 14th to August 16th join locals, visitors and the Calaveras Arts Council alike at concerts at a different parks throughout the county each week. View the 2019 Calaveras Music in the Parks schedule here.
Looking for more fun things to do in the area? Explore Calaveras County here.
8. Calaveras Concert Season – Calaveras Farmers Markets
- When/Where/More Information: Learn the when/where/what of each Calaveras Farmers Market here to find the best one for you.
When it comes to wine, food, and adventure, Calaveras pulls out all the stops. Find live music throughout the summer at any of our weekly farmers markets from outdoor parks to indoor venues, you can see which markets are available during the time of your visit by visiting our on-line calendar of events here. Before you ask Siri to help you find “farmers market near me” learn what sets each farm fresh destination in Calaveras apart by getting the low down on our best music filled local farmers markets and sources for year round local produce with our guide to the Best Farmers Markets in Calaveras County.
Looking for more fun things to do in the area? Explore Calaveras County here.
9. Calaveras Concert Season – Intimate Venues Around the County
- When: Year Round
- Where: At venues, tasting rooms, beer houses, restaurants, parks, hotels, golf courses, and retail spaces around Calaveras County.
- More Information: The Calaveras County online calendar of events.
Did you know many of our local wineries, restaurants, hotels, and breweries host weekly intimate garden parties with great live music? From Renegade Winery in Mokelumne Hill to restaurants in Murphys and Vino Metate in Angels Camp, you can see who’s playing the week of your visit by checking out our on-line calendar of events or giving us a call 7 days a week at 1-800-225-3764.