From epic vineyard amphitheaters with household names to multiple Grammy award winning folk artists, poolside blues and intimate park side venues featuring indie artists galore–there are enough concert venues in Calaveras to explore for days. Read on to find the Calaveras summer concert venue that is just right for you.
(The featured image below is courtesy of Instagrammer @____aldrich____ at Ironstone Amphitheater.)
1. Calaveras Concert Season – Ironstone Amphitheatre
- When: August 7th – September 19th 2021
- Where: Ironstone Amphitheater, 1894 Six Mile Rd., Murphys, CA 95247
- More Information: Learn more about the Ironstone Concerts here.
Who says size doesn’t matter? If you’re looking to go BIG, you won’t want to miss your favorite household name artists playing at the expansive Ironstone Vineyards Amphitheatre. Whether laughing with old friends or dancing with new ones–Ironstone Amphitheatre knows how to put on a show you’ll long remember. The 2021 line-up features household names such as Justin Moore, Toby Keith, Counting Crows, Train, Styx, REO Speedwagon and more in the largest concert venue Calaveras County has to offer. Recent performers have included Willie Nelson, Billy Idol, B-52s, OMD, Stone Temple Pilates, Joan Jett, The Family Stone, ZZ Top, and more. Pack some blankets and hit the vendor booths for good eats, great beer and gold-winning Ironstone Vineyards wine at this family owned and operated vineyard in the charming town of Murphys, California.
2. Calaveras Concert Season – Bear Valley Music Festival
- When: Annually July 23rd through August 1st 2021
- Where: Bear Valley, CA I Explore Bear Valley here.
- More Information: Visit the Bear Valley Music Festival here.
Get a sneak peek of the Bear Valley Musical Festival by watching the video above.
Looking for high culture amidst the peaks of the Sierra Nevadas? Look no further than Bear Valley Music Festival. Celebrating the 52nd anniversary in 2021, the Bear Valley Music Festival began in 1968. The styles of music to be found here have diversified from classical to include Broadway show tunes, contemporary, reggae, folk, country and opera; however, the core of the event remains rooted in classical. From mid-July through early August, this epic alpine festival brings national and international performers to delight audiences at 7,000 feet in the Sierras. To see what 202 has to offer, look back at 2019’s lineup as well as previous years video coverage below. (See who’s playing during the week of your visit on our on-line calendar of events or view the full line up and buy Bear Valley Music Festival tickets here.)
3. Calaveras Concert Season – Brice Station Hilltop Concert Series
- When: Saturdays June through mid-September annually
- Where: 3353 CA-4, Murphys, CA 95247 Brice Station Vineyards in Murphys, CA
- More Information: Visit the Brice Station Hilltop Concert Series here.
Calaveras is full of magical places, and Brice Station certainly is one of them. Brice Station Vineyards features the perfect blend of laid back, snob-free culture with award winning art and entertainment. Featuring not only our very own world class outdoor Shakespeare on the Vine performances, but also their annual Hilltop Concert Series. The annual Brice Station Hilltop Concert Series brings a summer full of deliciously eclectic live music in a venue overflowing with rustically earthy ambience. You can’t help but feel instantly at home while enjoying a glass of handcrafted wine, locally sourced food, and spirited music in this relaxing and beautiful environment. Nestled among towering trees on the open lawn; here is your chance to kick off your shoes, unplug, and enjoy live music kissed by a gorgeous sunset view.
4. Calaveras Concert Season – Bistro Espresso Summer Concert Series
- When: Saturdays 6:00 pm to 9:00 pm June through Labor Day Weekend I Follow Bistro Espresso on Facebook for 2021 updates here.
- Where: Cedar Center in Arnold, CA (behind Arnold Bistro Espresso)
- More Information: Visit the Arnold Bistro Espresso FB page here.
Have you heard the word? Arnold’s Bistro Espresso is taking over the Arnold Cedar Center music scene. With food and beverages available for sale through Bistro Espresso, admission is free for all ages. If you are a long time fan of this great series or have never visited before, you will enjoy the fresh life breathed in to this beloved classic Calaveras annual concert series. Enjoy a nice shaded outdoor venue at an elevation that makes this annual concert season one of the coolest in the county.
5. Calaveras Concert Season – Music in the Parks
- When: Wednesdays and Fridays June through August
- Where: Locations vary each day. View the full schedule below.
- More Information: Visit the Calaveras Arts Council website.
Sponsored and organized by the Calaveras Arts Council (CAC), the annual Music in the Parks series is just one of the many amazing events the CAC puts on throughout the county each year, such as their annual Calaveras Artist Studio Tour. Each Wednesday at 6:30pm from June 1th to August 18th 2021, join locals, visitors and the Calaveras Arts Council alike at concerts at a different parks throughout the county each week.
Wineries like Renegade in Mokelumne Hill or Jazz Cellars in Murphys, restaurants like Snowshoe Brewing Company in Arnold and The Watering Hole in Murphys, community parks and farmers markets offer opportunities to enjoy great live music in Calaveras County almost every weekend. See who’s playing the week of your visit by checking out our on-line calendar of events or giving us a call 7 days a week at 1-209-736-0049.
Need help finding something in particular? Give us a call 7 days a week at 1-209-736-0049 or send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org.