Your Guide to (More than a Week of) 4th of July Fun!
Here in Calaveras, we take our independence very seriously. That’s why we start our Independence day celebrations early–on the last weekend in June to be exact. Read on to find all of the best parades and place to find 4th of July Fireworks throughout the county.
4th of July Fireworks
Our Independence Day Fireworks happen early in Calaveras–New Hogan Lake and Ironstone Vineyards put on the most popular shows in the county, make sure to come prepared with water and snacks and grab a seat early–they can fill up quick!
View our on-line calendar of events for additional details on the following 4th of July events:
- June 24th – Fireworks at New Hogan Lake; 8:30p-10p.
- July 1st – Fireworks at Ironstone; Live music starts at 2pm, Fireworks start after dark.
Personal Use: Please remember that Calaveras County is a high fire risk zone. Possession or use of all brands and types of fireworks in the Calaveras County Ebbetts Pass Fire District is illegal. Leave firework displays to the professionals. Play safe, and have fun!
Safe and Legal public places to launch personal fireworks on the 4th:
Bret Harte Union High School (364 Murphys Grade Road, Angels Camp). The City of Angels Camp Fire Department will be on hand from 6 to 10 p.m. Under onsite school policy, no smoking or alcohol is permitted.
Copperopolis Fire Department (370 Main St., across from the post office). Beginning at dusk, will also host a location in its back parking/heli-pad lot. The public is invited to bring their own snacks and non-alcoholic beverages. No alcohol is permitted.
Instagrammer @shandyw2 having fun with friends at Hovey Winery in downtown Murphys, California.
Independence Day Parades and Celebrations
- July 1st – Arnold, California; Independence Day Parade, Sierra Nevada Craft Fair, and Ebbetts Pass Firefighter Association Community Barbecue.
- July 1st– Hovey Tasting Room; Red While and Blue Picnic from 11:30am-3pm
- July 3rd – Murphys Community Park; Calaveras Community Band Fourth of July Concert at 6:30pm
- July 4th – Mokelumne Hill, California; Moke Hill Fourth of July Breakfast, Parade, and Street Fair 7:30am-2pm. Followed by free pool access at Hotel Leger.
- July 4th – West Point, California; Fourth of July Concert and Buffett Dinner 4pm 22021 Highway 26, West Point.
- July 4th – San Andreas Park; Calaveras Community Band Fourth of July Concert at 6:30pm
Instagrammer @edcasey celebrating the 4th in style at Mokelumne Hill.
Looking for places to cool off between the festivities? From lakes to rushing mountain streams to hidden swimming holes, we’ve got you covered. Click the link to learn more.