Your Guide to (More than a Week of) 4th of July Fun!
Here in Calaveras, we take our independence very seriously. That’s why we start our Independence day celebrations early—in June to be exact. Read on to find all of the best parades and place to find fireworks in Calaveras and more 4th of July fun throughout the county in June and July.
Where to Find Fireworks in Calaveras County
Our Independence Day Fireworks happen early in Calaveras—in June to be exact. Looking for the best fireworks in Calaveras County? New Hogan Lake and Ironstone Vineyards put on the most popular shows in the region. Learn more about these fireworks shows (and other 4th of July fun throughout Calaveras County) below.
Local’s Tip: Make sure to come prepared with water and snacks and grab a seat early–these fireworks shows can fill up quickly!
- Fireworks over New Hogan Lake – June 23rd
When? June 23rd from dusk to 10pm What? Watch the firework show lakeside or on the water with camping available during and after the event.(View calendar of events listing here.) Where? New Hogan Lake near Valley Springs, CA Cost? Free (unless you enter New Hogan Lake fee area). What else is there to do nearby? Explore Valley Springs tri-lake area here.
- Fireworks at Ironstone Vineyards – July 7th
When? July 7th from 2pm to midnight; fireworks at dusk. What? Live music, food, vendors, face painting, rock wall, fire jugglers, bounce house with fireworks at dusk. (View calendar of events listing here.) Where? Ironstone Vineyards in Murphys, CA. Cost? Adults $15, ages 6-12 $10. What else is there to do nearby? Explore nearby Murphys, Angels Camp, Copperopolis and Arnold here.
Where to Use Your Own Fireworks in Calaveras County
Safe and Legal public places to launch personal fireworks on the 4th:
- Bret Harte Union High School – July 4th
When? July 4th, 2018; from 6pm to 10pm What? The City of Angels Camp Fire Department will be on hand from 6 to 10 p.m. to ensure fire safety. Please note, under onsite school policy, no smoking or alcohol is permitted at this location..
- Copperopolis Fire Department – July 4th
(370 Main St., across from the post office). Beginning at dusk, will also host a location in its back parking/heli-pad lot. The public is invited to bring their own snacks and non-alcoholic beverages. No alcohol is permitted.
⚠Personal Use: Please remember that Calaveras County is a high fire risk zone. Possession or use of all brands and types of fireworks in the Calaveras County Ebbetts Pass Fire District is illegal. Leave firework displays to the professionals. Play safe, and have fun! ⚠
Independence Day Fireworks, Parades, and Celebrations by date.
- Saturday, June 23rd 2018 – Valley Springs Tri-Lake area: Fireworks over New Hogan Lake.
- Monday, July 2nd 2018 – Murphys, CA:Murphys Community Band Independence Day Concert.
- Tuesday, July 3rd 2018 – Murphys, CA: Counting Crows with Special Guest “Live” at Ironstone Vineyards
- Wednesday, July 4th 2018 –
- Mokelumne Hill Small Town, Big Heart July 4th Celebration and Parade. Breakfast at 7:30am parade starts at 11am. Followed by free pool access at Hotel Leger.
- Hotel Leger Restaurant and Saloon 4th of July BBQ and Fun.
- Independence Day Concert and BBQ in San Andreas. Celebrate an old-fashioned 4th of July with the Calaveras Community Band and a barbecue dinner at Turner park in San Andreas.
- Saturday July 7th, 2018 – Arnold, CA: Sierra Nevada Arts and Crafts Festival and Ebbetts Pass Independence Day Parade
- Additional Independence Day fun – The Angels Camp Commemorative Committee frequently hosts An Old-Fashioned Fourth of July Patriotic Picnic at Utica Park. Check the Angels Camp Business Association’s on-line calendar of events to see what events are happening this year.
Looking for places to cool off between the festivities? From lakes to rushing mountain streams to hidden swimming holes, we’ve got you covered. Click the link to learn more.